Sunday, May 16, 2010

Peas and Carrots

I find it really crazy how things can breeze in and out of your life. People come and go for different reasons. You have your time with them and they serve their purpose, then you go on to blossom in different ways. So to reunite with people that knew you before you even really knew yourself, is an honor to say the least.

Eleven years is a very long time. Well maybe not "very long", but it's pretty fucking long. As each one of my new-old friends told their stories of happiness & life I couldn't help but think of how amazingly familiar it all felt. Like a day hadn't passed and we were 14 all over again. It's really nice to feel that childlike rush of purity. As an adult it's not remembered enough, things are taken too seriously. So we proceeded to act half our age and drink half our body weight. Happy Hour turned into a slumber party within hours. Great laughs were exchanged and more will come.

Peas and carrots.


1 comment:

Stay Tuned said...

Yeah... I kno the feeling Jupiter!... The comfort level was just too unreal for me .. being the person I am it just Felt ...well..."normal"... Week and some change later.. mind is still blown.. I got a feeling this summer is gonna be a good one. Whatever's responsible for this occurrence im way too thankful for it. It came JUST in time.. exactly what I needed!