Sunday, February 15, 2009

William Bouguereau

The picture you see to the left has inspired me to type on a bit, about the amazing wonder and elation that spring brings every year. The new beginnings, everything waking back up and blooming. Very metaphoric, no?

William Bouguereau was the artist, he painted it in 1895. I admire it so much without really knowing why. Immediately I was just drawn to it.. simply. 
I believe it's due to the fact that this lady is naked, clearly being vulnerable and maybe in an act of passion, or spontaneity removed her clothing. Maybe an early evening dip or a casual swim at dawn.  
The title of this piece is "Spring Breeze", so you can already imagine the cool warm air that probably surrounds her. She has a smile of pure contention and her fingers are relaxed, which, to me, represents no haste or rush. Although she's covering herself up, she's still very comfortable in the open space. I like that.

With the spring season teasing us all with a couple beautifully warm days peppered here and there, I find myself being completely cheerful and anticipant. I just want the weather to break already. I guess mother nature is giving us four-play. Such a naughty minx. haha. It just represents so much. Spring that is! People are generally more cheerful, (unless their too hot, cause then they're all agitated & a pain in the ass), more people are willing to come out, you have the comfortable luxury of being outdoors--one with nature, if you will, (unless the mosquitos are out, cause those sons-of-bitches are ruthless), and then you have the more skin aspect of the whole deal. And personally, I've been waiting to unleash my new beach body upon the world this summer. haha So many things I'm excited for. I'm just really happy that things are turning around... and a little upside down. 

I love that the best part of my life hasn't happened yet and some of the most memorable & funniest moments will take place later on this year. I love that I know exactly the way spring & summer smells, and once that breeze flows through my hair and across my face, it'll be exactly the same as it's always been. Like an old friend visiting for a short while. 

Well, anyhow... that's how the painting makes me feel. I have a spark. 


No comments: