Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Frozen Hope

Walking through the falling snow with Death Cab For Cutie flowing through my ears added perspective to my thoughts. "Lack of Color" has been my anthem for the last couple weeks. It suits my situation well. A long over due, casual night of drinking fits my situation well, also. 
The idea of sitting at a bar top, taking my good ole time sipping a brew-ha ha and having great conversation with some of the most intriguing minds, fills me with elation! I can't express how excited I am to have friends like the ones I do. They're amazing and they absolutely make me fly. If I turn things around this year for anyone, it's definitely them & myself. They make me want to be a better person, which in turn I suppose, makes me a better person. 

My inspiration and aspirations are thawing after nearly six years of procrastination and nothingness. I've been so consumed by simply living life, that all I've done is live. Live with nothing to show for it except experiences, hilarious moments and introspective conversation. Not totally shabby, but not something I can make a living off of either. Now is the time. Now more than ever. And if not now, when? I'm excited for the possibilities of the future. I'm down, but not out.... not just yet.




No comments: