Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Commuting.



Awake.

Coffee's brewing somewhere. All over.

Everywhere.

Dancing leaves.

Power walking streets too wet to push.

Metal gear shifting on tracks.

Speaking doors, open.

Sustain buzzing of the AC.

My battery's on its last leg.

Morning faces. Droopy, unpleased faces.

Greyer skies with layers of clay blue.

Wandering thoughts mixed with memories and "should haves".

My radio died.

Piss stenced hallways.

Unfortunate poverty right beside them.

Walks by; a handsome man.

'Ooo, what I would do to--'

I'm late for my train.

Swift legs.

Quick dash through people traffic and arrive at a place I dread most mornings.




this is my commute to my living.

2 comments:

Angel of Pathos said...

Awake?

Or maybe a dream

I can hear the babies screaming

They ache for their mothers teat

She is nowhere

She hustles on the street

The men walk by and scowl

One child's mother is another man's garbage

We are all alone

We are all dead

And yet

We still feel the need to feed

Jenny Jupiter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.