Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Effortlessly Memorable.



Can you remember back when you were half your age? Can you remember what you wanted to be and what you wanted to achieve by a certain age? I can. And I'm sure many of you can as well. (Because I have many people tuning in...) It really hasn't been that long, despite what feels like centuries. Growing up throws all these random twists and turns and new interests and addictions your way. It's all about side-stepping and/or overcoming the obstacles.
I definitely know a thing or two about hurdling landmines. Enter; this article.



Seeing as how I've procrastinated a large portion of my life and have recently been getting shit together piece by piece, I'm realizing that the ride itself, may not have been in vain. I've got lots of shit to say, about many things, important, trivial or otherwise. Lots to say and nothing all at the same time.Like a quiet drunken old man sitting at the far end of a bar, keeping to himself. He won't bother anyone, but if you entertain him with conversation he'll spill words of wisdom. Amazing words of life and unbiased experience, with nothing to show for it except for an imaginary degree in Life & Love. Enter; myself.

The purpose of this blog, is because I'm auditioning tomorrow against all of these Philadelphia/King of Prussia/Jersey Devil chick-a-dicks in a talent competition if you will. My plan is to be completely uncaring, (even though, we all know I do), because that has been a great factor for getting notice, I've discovered. Going into auditions primped up and vaseline teethed out doesn't get me anywhere. However, showing up sick and snotty or tipsy and nonchalant, gets me modeling contracts--so upon further inspection I've decided to show up tomorrow, 4 beers in and 3 Tequila shots down. I think I'll make the perfect impression. Alcoholic? Call it what you will. I have a talent, it's the perception of being whomever I decide to be depending on the role. I'm called an actor. My level of dedication shouldn't be miscontrued with normalcy.


Let's light the fireworks and see how far I get.


1 comment:

Angel of Pathos said...

How'd you find that picture of my grandfather?