Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cut Here


So I was riding the Regional Rail today and couldn't help but think about the nostalgic past. What I've left behind, what I've got to look forward to, what I haven't done and what I'd like to do again.
A few things came to mind...
A few of the same things came to mind, actually.
This particular blog doesn't have significant meaning. It won't have a solution or a plot point either. Just mindless rambling.
Death Cab's, "Sound Of Settling", is the perfect soundtrack for my current emotions. It captures every thought that passes through my uncurable brain. That regret. That thought, that maybe you could've done something different... that thought that maybe you should've done something different. Responded a little differently. Kissed a little harder. Held a little longer.
Or maybe you're simply blessed with no regrets. If so, I'd sure as hell would love to look you in the eye and shake your hand. Because that really is amazing. Truely. It'd prove to me that there is still hope. Not for me, but it's still nice to know.

1 comment:

Angel of Pathos said...

Regret everything. Dwelling on the past is all we have on this giant dirt rock we call "Earth".