Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Drawing Board

At the closing of a week that feels like it would never end, I can honestly say I was dead on balls accurate, when I called the week being riddled with surprises. Just one thing after another, it was honestly a series of unfortunate events. 

Attempting to blow off some steam and party with a few co-workers, a good friend of mine & myself ventured out to The Buck Hotel. After getting lost for a good half an hour, we managed to get the right information from an Indian 7-11 clerk that evidently had three too many Red Bulls. He was just bouncing around the store dancing and singing---but that's beside the point. 

I'm not entirely straight on remembering when we left the bar. I know it was after last call and I also know that the house lights came on to a freakishly bright ray. But that's about all I know.
A car crash can really put things in perspective for you. All the empty questions and "What If's". I guess we're awfully lucky to have walked away from it and not gotten hurt. Bit of a wake up call for us both I suppose. 

What a way to wrap up the lovely week. 

If this month is any prelude to how the year will be---it's going to be a bumpy, unpredictably random, mind fuck of a ride. 

I'm actually intimidated.

No comments: