Monday, January 5, 2009

R.I.P. Cheese Sandwiching You

I just remembered this time in San Diego, California when I was attempting to be cute and graceful to impress a boy. I jumped onto the bed, ever so slight & petite... expecting to land on my feet and maybe do a twirl to my knees, therefore enticing him to ravage me. Only, it was anything but graceful or slight. It was quite a mess actually. A hilarious mess. 
So, my one foot doesn't clear the mattress and I clumsily face planted myself to the sheets! HA! It all happened so fast, that all we both could do was recover. He couldn't hold back the laughter as he tried to cover the smile on his lips with his hands. I, on the other hand, cowered in a ball on the corner of the bed. ::sigh:: 

What a memory. I like that I can simply go back to it anytime I choose. Enjoying the pain of a memory... one of those morbid things I guess. You feel happy that you experienced such a moment in time and yet, so empty because it's gone. Leaving you left with nostalgia. And what a confusing emotion in itself, isn't it? When I get nostalgic my face looks like I'm trying to do a math problem that I almost have solved. I guess because in a sense, it is. And I did almost have it solved. Sometimes people just miss out on each other. Ain't that the truth. But it doesn't always end there. Just as good as all those great moments were before, they CAN be duplicated, multiplied and improved! Life, much like an instrument  or anything else, takes much practice and fine tuning.  

This particular post is dedicated to someone very special and close to my heart. It use to belong to him. We've both gone separate ways over the years and I wanted him to know that I'm extremely proud of him and wish nothing but the best on his long journey to the middle. Try to keep those feet warm on the big day and don't fuck your marriage up! LOL I should talk...
 Whatever-the-case, you were favorite mistake. I'll always hold you close.

I'm leaving you. I'm not sure if that's what I should do. It hurts so bad. I'm wanting you but can't go back. Trying to find, that all elusive piece of mind. Stuck here somehow. Shrouded beneath my fear and doubt. And I don't need it.
Cause I'm walking down this road alone & figured all I'm thinking about is you, is you my love. And my head is in a cloud of rain & the world it seems so far away & I'm just waiting for the droplets.

You left a mark. I wear it proudly on my chest, above my heart, to remind me that I feel the best when I'm with you. Everything is effortless, you know it's true. My eyes are painted with regret and I don't need it.
Cause I'm walking down this road alone & figured all I'm thinking about is you, is you my love. And my head is in a cloud of rain & the world seems so far away & I'm just waiting for the droplets.

You are like the raindrops falling down on me.

You left a mark. (Left a mark)
She left a mark. (He left)
She left. (He left)
She left a mark.
And I don't. (And I don't)
Need it. (Need it)

colbie caillat-droplets

No comments: