Monday, January 5, 2009

Sick. <3

Six a.m. and I haven't even attempted to close my eyes tonight. I've been somewhat glued to this computer screen and these keys. Brainstorming plots and jotting down quick story lines for future projects. I've been on a roll too! It's nice to know I have something creative in the ole' noggin. It's kinda crazy, considering that I've fallen back into my old ways of artistic explosion, insomnia and sexual frustration. As if I were sixteen all over again. Go figure.

I added a soundtrack to my evening. It's kept me fueled and excited for possibilities ahead. Maybe even too excited. I get beside myself with thoughts that carry me away into a place that may not necessarily be safe for my thoughts to wander..(just yet). It's okay to be confused by the last sentence, I'm still not entirely sure it made sense. lol Forgive me, I've been up for about eighteen hours.  And remarkably still not even one desire for slumber. 
It's times like these, when I wish I drove. I'd take a nice ride to Kelly Drive or Manyunk. Just to fucking drive. See the city lights, crack the windows a bit to get a whiff of the crisp outside air. Maybe watch the sun come up, grab breakfast at a food cart and eat it at LOVE Park while I
people watch. 


You know, it's funny how things in life don't tend to work out... and then again, it's even funnier how they do..

I never thought I'd be able to feel so whole heartedly so quickly, but it seems to have shifted that way. And there's not one part of me that minds, one bit. 


If you're feeling up to it, download Acceptance's song "So Contagious", it's great and it happens to be exactly how I feel. If you're bitter and cynical, don't bother---it may induce vomiting.


No comments: